Italian language Edinburgh Scotland
Since 2006, we have supplied Italian language translation, interpretation and voice-over/dubbing services. We make sure your requirements are covered and deliver exactly what you need thanks to our team of experienced project managers, qualified translators and trusted linguists. Contact Italian language Edinburgh Scotland at The Language Room today for a quote.
Services we offer in Italian
All our services involving Italian are listed below. Please click for more information.
If you cannot find the service you are looking for, simply contact us to discuss your project. We are more than happy to help you with any question or request you may have. We will help you in anyway we can and will try hard to deliver what you need when you need it.
Facts about Italian language
- Italian is a Romance language and is very close to Latin with regard to vocabulary.
- It is an official language in Italy, Switzerland, San Marino and Vatican City.
- Italian used to be an official language in Albania, Malta and Monaco (where it is still widely spoken) and in former Italian East Africa and Italian North Africa (e.g. Eritrea and Libya, former Italian colonies). Although no longer official, the Italian language still plays an important role in various fields within these countries.
- There are 65 million native speakers of Italian in the EU and 85 million native speakers in the world.
- Italian is often called the language of music on account of its use in musical terminology and opera. For instance, the words maestro, orchestra, piano and solo all come from Italian.
Beware of false friends, however! If you order ‘pepperoni’ on your pizza, you’ll end up with peppers. Because ‘peperoni’ is the plural of ‘peperone’, meaning pepper. The spicy sausage is called ‘salame piccante’.
Trust Italian language Edinburgh Scotland to deliver on-time and in budget.