Polish language Glasgow Scotland
We have been providing Polish translation, interpretation, voice-over and dubbing services for over ten years. We make sure your requirements are covered and deliver exactly what you need thanks to our team of experienced project managers, qualified translators and trusted linguists. Trust Polish language Glasgow Scotland to complete your project.
Facts about Polish
- The Polish alphabet, is based on Latin and contains 32 letters. Q, X, V only occur in borrowed words or brand names.
- Polish is a polite, formal language, with a you-thou kind of distinction between younger and older generations as well as formal and informal situations (as in French). Polish uses the title ‘Pan’ (Sir) and ‘Pani’ (Lady). If you wanted to ask someone formally if they speak English, you would ask: ‘Czy Pan (Pani) mówi po angielsku?’, which literally translates to ‘Does the Sir/Lady speak English?’. Curiously, Polish people can even be polite when they argue. You are likely to hear ‘Pan jest idiotą’, meaning ‘Sir, you are an idiot’.
- The most similar languages to Polish are Czech, Slovak and Serbian. Less related are the languages of the Southern and Eastern Slavic groups, such as Russian, Ukrainian and Croatian.
- The name of the country comes from the tribe of Polans (Polanie). Around the 9th century, several parts of Poland were united. The term itself means “field” or “plain,” which describes the country’s landscape.
- When foreign movies are dubbed for Polish TV, one man reads all the parts, even those of women and children. Viewers hear the original English soundtrack faintly in the background.
Services we offer in Polish
All our services involving Polish are listed below. Please click for more information.
If you cannot find the service you are looking for, simply contact us to discuss your project and request a quotation. We are more than happy to help you with any question or request you may have.