Japanese language Edinburgh Scotland
At The Language Room we deliver Japanese language translation, interpretation and voice-over/dubbing services. We make sure your requirements are covered and deliver exactly what you need thanks to our team of experienced project managers, qualified translators and trusted linguists. Contact Japanese language Edinburgh Scotland today.
What we offer at Japanese language Edinburgh Scotland
All our services involving Japanese are listed below. Please click for more information.
If you cannot find the service you are looking for, simply contact us to discuss your project and request a quotation. We are more than happy to help you with any question or request you may have.
Other Japanese pages:
Facts about Japanese language
- Many immigrant communities around the world speak Japanese due to historical migration. These include South Korea, Taiwan, parts of China, the Philippines, Brazil (which boasts the largest emigrant Japanese population with 1.5 million speakers), Peru, Argentina, Australia and the USA.
- Grammatically, Japanese nouns have no number or gender, and there are no articles. Verbs are conjugated for tense and voice, but not person and equivalents of adjectives are also conjugated. The Japanese language has a complex system of honorifics with verb forms and vocabulary to indicate the relative status of the speaker, the listener, and persons mentioned.
- Japanese has no relationship with Chinese, but it makes extensive use of Chinese characters (kanji) in its writing system, and a significant part of its vocabulary is borrowed from Chinese. Along with kanji, the Japanese writing system mainly uses two syllabic scripts, hiragana and katakana.
- The Japanese language can express different levels in social status. The differences in social position are determined by several factors including job, age, experience, or even psychological state.
- Almost 10% of all internet users are Japanese.
- Hiragana is syllabic and the most original writing system in Japan. It is for simple words, conjugations, particles and children’s literature and it is the first writing style.