ISO 9001:2008 certification
What is ISO 9001:2008 certification?
The ISO 9001 standard applies to processes in place in an organisation (not only translation agencies) and demonstrates that those are carefully controlled, monitored and documented.
Its goal is to continuously improve organisations, focusing on meeting clients’ needs and higher quality of the products and services provided.
A number of requirements are stated in the ISO 9001 framework regarding quality policy, procedures, record keeping and processes implementation, based on 8 main principles, including:
- Client focus
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationship
- Continual improvement
- Involvement of people
- Services quality
What aspects of the translation process does the ISO 9001:2008 standard cover?
An ISO:2008 certified organisation aims at building a mutually beneficial relationship based on trust by understanding the client’s needs and satisfy or exceed them.
- Communication with the client is essential
Your requirements are clarified from the very start so that they are understood and met, thanks to a dedicated Project Manager
- You are kept informed of all along the completion of your project, at every key step
- Very strict criteria apply to the translators selection: they must be native in the language they are translating to and experienced in the relevant specialised field
- Translation Technology: the Computer-Assisted Tools are used in certain projects to ensure terminology consistency
- Reviewing and proofreading as a mandatory step: the content as well as the language is verified by a second qualified experienced translator; this is a mandatory step.
Why should you trust an ISO:2008 certified language provider with your translation project?
From your first phone call or email request to the delivery of your translation, we will make sure that we understand and satisfy to your requirements at every step. Your document will be analysed and we will create a translation memory dedicated to your terminology in order to make sure all your documents are consistent.
As good as they may be from a linguistic point of view, translators cannot translate what they do not understand. That is why the ISO9001:2008 certification also ensures that a native and experienced translator translates your document. He or she will not only have all the required linguistic qualifications to produce an idiomatic text tailored to your audience, but will also fully understand any specific technical aspect of your document.
The Language Room has past all these quality audits and certification processes, demonstrating our commitment to delivering quality services without compromising on your deadlines.