Chinese language Glasgow Scotland
Facts about the Chinese language
- It must be remembered that Chinese is not a single language – it is actually a group of related language varieties that are, in many cases, mutually unintelligible. Together, they form one branch of the Sino-Tibetan language family.
- What we call Standard Chinese is a standardised form of spoken Chinese, the phonology of which is based on the Beijing dialect of Mandarin. China and Taiwan use Standard Chinese as their official language, while it is one of four official languages in Singapore. Standard Chinese is also an official language of the United Nations.
- Cantonese is a variety of Yue that has high prestige and is widely spoken, as well as being the official language of Hong Kong and Macau.
- Native speakers of Chinese often describe their languages as dialects, but linguistically, they can be as diverse as a language family. For example, according to American linguist and sinologist Jerry Norman, there are hundreds of mutually incomprehensible varieties of Chinese.
- The earliest extracts of written Chinese date back to around 1200 BCE. However, some tortoiseshell carvings from around 6000 BCE have been discovered, which some linguists believe are even earlier instances of Chinese writing. If these are confirmed, then they will be the oldest written texts ever to be discovered.
Our Chinese language services
We offer a range of excellent quality Chinese language services for Glasgow and the whole of Scotland, such as Chinese translation, interpretation and voice-over/dubbing services. In view of our more than ten years’ experience in these services, we are proud to say we are more prepared than ever to take on new projects. With this in mind, contact Chinese language Glasgow Scotland today.
Whatever you require from Chinese language services, we make sure our language services meet your highest demands. For this purpose, our team of experienced project managers, qualified translators and trusted linguists always works hard to ensure optimal quality standards at all times.
What services do we offer in Chinese language?
All our Chinese language services are listed below. Please click for more information.
However, if you cannot find the service you need, simply contact us to discuss your project and request a quotation. We are more than happy to help you with any questions or requests you may have.
Other Chinese pages:
Contact Chinese language Glasgow Scotland for more information.