Japanese language Edinburgh Scotland
At The Language Room, you will find that we deliver Japanese language translation, interpretation and voice-over/dubbing services. Firstly, we will work with you to understand your needs. Then, we will assign the language specialist who best matches your requirement. Last but not least, we check again that our services meet your high standards perfectly. With our team of experienced project managers, qualified translators and trusted linguists, we know we can always offer you top-quality language services. Contact Japanese language Edinburgh Scotland for a quote today.
Facts about the Japanese language
- On the whole, many immigrant communities around the world speak Japanese. This is generally due to historical migration. Among these communities you’ll find South Korea, Taiwan, parts of China, the Philippines, Brazil (which boasts the largest emigrant Japanese population with 1.5 million speakers), Peru, Argentina, Australia and the USA.
- Grammatically, Japanese nouns do not have a number or gender. Also, there are no articles. What’s more, verbs are conjugated for tense and voice, but not person. You will also find that, Japanese is a verb-final language, and so the verb is generally the last word in the sentence.
- Furthermore, Japanese has a very complex system of honorifics. This includes for instance specific grammatical forms and vocabulary to indicate politeness, respect, humility and formality. Not only are these used for the addressee (as in French with the tu-vous distinction), but for the people the speaker mentions as well.
- Japanese has no relationship with Chinese, but it does however use Chinese characters (kanji) in its writing system. What’s more, it also borrows many words from Chinese. Along with kanji, the Japanese writing system mainly uses two syllabaries, hiragana and katakana.
- Almost 10% of all internet users speak Japanese.
- Hiragana is syllabic, and the earliest writing system in Japan. You will find that it is used for simple words, conjugations, particles and children’s literature.
What we offer at Japanese language Edinburgh Scotland
You can have a look at our Japanese language services below. Please click for more information.
If you can’t find the service you need, simply contact us to discuss your project and request a clear and concise quotation. We will be more than happy to help you with any questions or requests you may have.